Follow Your Passion

Photo credit: venspired on Flickr
I do a lot of social media things. Probably more than I should, if I’m being entirely honest. And yet, at least for now, I intend to continue it for the foreseeable future. Why? Because I love it. 

If, however, I stopped enjoying one of those social media things, I can tell you right now that I’d stop. 

The thing is, social media, whether it’s blogging, Twitter, tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram or something else, takes time. Time, as I’m sure you’re all aware, is a currency—we trade time to get work done, to get paid, to write blog posts and books and do things we love. But the moment we start trading time and getting little to nothing in return is the moment we should consider why we’re trading that time to begin with. 

To me, all of this bubbles down to passion. I write, because I love writing, and I tumbl and blog and vlog and tweet because I genuinely enjoy it and I think (or hope at least) that you guys like it too. I like to think that my passion shows through in what I share with you guys. 

But if I stopped enjoying it? It’d show. My posts wouldn’t be engaging, my tweets would be dumb and my vlogs would be boring. I’m of the belief that you can’t engage an audience if you’re not passionate about what you’re sharing—after all, if you’re not excited about what you create, why should they be?

The answer? They won’t be. 

So whether I’m writing or working on one of my many other social media projects, I make a point to follow my passion. How about you? 

Twitter-sized bites: 
Writer @Ava_Jae asks if you're not excited about what you create, why should your audience be? What do you think? (Click to tweet)  
"I'm of the belief that you can't engage an audience if you're not passionate abt what you're sharing." (Click to tweet)

2 comments:

Leandra said...

This was my fav vlog of yours so far! Even if the lovely books are all gone. *sniff*

Ava Jae said...

Aw yay! Thank you, Leandra! I miss my bookshelves, too, though I brought all of my unread books with me. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...