On the Cusp of an Exhale

Photo credit: Marcelo Campi Amateur photographer on Flickr
I've just walked out of my last day of class of my first year of grad school.

Wow.

I'm not 100% done with everything—have one more thing to turn in, but that just requires light revisions before handing it over. And that has weirdly coincided with my publishing deadlines, which also still need to be turned in, but only require light revisions. So I can see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. I'm on the cusp of an exhale.

I've had an incredible first year. And an incredibly busy first year, lord I've been juggling so many things. And this summer I'm going to be ramping up the writing and reading with the time I had to spend on school stuff.

But overall, I feel good. I made it (almost). I've done the hard part (all of it). It's been a wild time and I'm so glad I'm here.

Now the things I'm looking forward to:

  • finishing revisions on my YA Thriller and getting that out to my CPs and agent
  • plotting and first drafting my first MG ever (!!!)
  • READING. ALL. THE BOOKS. ALL OF THEM. 
  • playing Assassin's Creed: Origins. Also Horizon Zero Dawn. 
  • having an actual social life (whaaaat?) 
  • my first Pride :)

Lots to look forward to, lots to do. But the hardest part of this too-much-work mountain is over, and that feels really damn good.


What are you plans for the summer? 

Twitter-sized bite:
What are your writing/reading plans for the summer? Join the discussion on @Ava_Jae's blog. (Click to tweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...